Pegasystems is looking for an innovative leader to guide our Financial Services Operations Products, including Smart Dispute for Issuer, Smart Dispute for Acquirer and Smart Investigate products. This is a unique opportunity to work beyond your own team and broadly influence the strategic direction of the product line. The successful candidate must act as a liaison with other company departments, and communicate important information about the products and their development strategy to not only professionals but the public, as well.
In this role, you will:
- Provide product direction and strategic leadership
- Oversee product development throughout the entire production process
- maintain constructive dialogue with key external stakeholders, including customers and technical analysts, as well as internal stakeholders such as account executives, consulting and global customer support
- Own and drive product backlog in specific FS Operations Products;
- Create clear product specifications and requirements based on market needs and customer requirements;
- Track industry trends related to the products, relevant FS industry groups (such as SWIFT, credit card schemes, ISO, others), regulatory bodies and requirements (such as GDPR, CFPB, others), broader CRM trends, Case Management, user experience, collaboration and enterprise application development;
- Ensure that relevant industry requirements are incorporated into the products;
- Present currently available features and product strategy to customers, partners, industry analysts, and other company departments via speaking engagements, webinars, and customer visits.
- Evaluate competitive market offerings and deliver on product differentiation, positioning, and communications.
- Research innovative approaches to solving problems while keeping up to date on technology developments.
- Liaise with the Sales, Service, Support, Partners, Marketing, Product Development and Product Management departments to ensure all steps of the process are successfully completed
- A rapidly growing yet well-established business
- The world’s most innovative organizations as reference-able clients
- Analyst acclaimed technology leadership in a massive emerging market
- A company that adapts, scales and performs in ever-changing business landscape
You will have experience and expertise in retail and/or commercial financial service operations, including credit/debit card disputes and payment exceptions. In addition, an understanding of the development, deployment and management of enterprise class applications is important, including agile methodologies. You must be comfortable leading, operating and improving large scale product development processes.
- BS/BA required, masters degree in a relevant discipline is a plus
- 10+ years of application development or architecture obtained from development, implementation or Product Management experience. Some of that experience must be in a leadership capacity
- 5+ years of experience in payment exception processing and/or specifically related industry applicationa
- Demonstrated understanding and thought leadership of payment exception processing in retail and/or commercial banking industry.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, incorporating multiple (and sometimes competing) points of view and sets of stakeholder priorities
- Strategic thinker with a complementary execution capability
- Comfortable and skilled in managing people, including influencing dotted line reports and other resources who report in adjacent department in the company
- Prepares, understands and capably executes strategic and tactical plans; formulates effective strategies consistent with the business and the competitive strategy of the company
- Discerns when to solve problems independently and when it is necessary to involve others, constantly focusing on making the best possible business direction
- Makes timely and effective decisions and produces results through effort generated by strategic and tactical planning and the effective implementation of projects, products, programs and scalable processes
- Understands and applies procedures, regulations, and policies related to areas of specialized expertise
- Results focused; Customer service oriented
- Strong written and verbal communications skills. Expresses thoughts and ideas effectively in individual and group situations. Communicates in a clear, concise, convincing and organized manner
- Team player that engages in cross-functional activities and collaborates across organizational boundaries. Develops and sustains effective and cooperative working relationships to obtain information and accomplish tasks and goals
- Ability to achieve Pega Certification within 6 months of joining Pega. Existing certification and/or knowledge of Pega highly desired.