AI can be classified as weak or strong. Weak AI (Weak), are systems designed and trained to handle particular tasks, in this group are virtual personal assistants, such as Siri Apple, Microsoft Cortana and Google Assistant, which operate within a limited range of functions predefined, as a form of weak AI.
Strong AI (Strong) is an AI system with human cognitive abilities capable of handling unknown tasks and finding a solution without human intervention.
Currently AI tools present a variety of new functionalities for companies, including hardware, software and personnel trained in their standard offers, with access to artificial intelligence platforms as a service (AIaaS).
The “AI as a Service” mode allows companies to implement AI for various business purposes through the Amazon AI cloud, the IBM Watson assistant, Microsoft Cognitive Services and Google AI Services.
In AI they incorporate a variety of different types of technologies:
- Robotic Process Automation (RPA): It is the technology that allows to develop programs to perform repeatable tasks or processes of large volume that humans perform.
- Automatic Learning: It is the science of making a computer act without programming, it is the automation of predictive analysis, through Supervised, Non-Supervised and Reinforcement Learning algorithms.
- Artificial Vision: It is the science of allowing computers to view, capture and analyze information using a camera, analog to digital conversion and digital signal processing.
- Natural Language Processing (NLP): It is the processing of human language (not computer) through a computer program, which includes text translation, sentiment analysis and voice recognition.
- Robotics: It is the field of engineering focused on the design and manufacture of robots to perform tasks on assembly lines, move large objects in the sidereal space.
- Driverless Cars: It is the combination of artificial vision, image recognition and deep learning to develop automated skills to drive a vehicle.